Managed paid search for 3 distributors covering all of the Eastern United States. Initial tracking on this project was unique because we weren't able to set up the normal methods of conversion tracking in the CMS. Because of that we devised a method of tagging URLs with each lead that was submitted. We used a Google sheet to parse the URL parameters to calculate standard metrics like lead quantity, cost per lead, etc, and attribute them to the correct campaigns, ad groups, ads, and keywords within Google and Bing Ads.
Tripled leads in the first 3 months of the campaign. Over the next 4 years we've dramatically improved campaign performance, reducing cost per click by 42% and more than doubling leads per month (+136%) for the same cost.
With fairly limited online research and no access to customers, we managed to identify core customer needs to be incorporated into a new landing page that resulted in a 44% increase in conversion rates for all paid campaigns. That single page added $905,000 in additional value to the campaign (in the form of more leads and a lower cost per lead). That sounds like a lot, and it is, but if you haven't done much customer research or conversion rate optimization on landing pages, the initial wins can be huge.